Major Duties and Function
Major duties and functions of Nepal Copyright Registrar's Office
- To execution of Copyright Activities under the culture promotion program.
- To register and keep up to date record of copyright of creation, sound recording, performance and broadcasting.
- To help establishing an institution for collecting royalty and to fix measures for running and controlling institution.
- To monitor and control the royalty collecting body.
- To hear petitions as prescribed made by any party who is not satisfied with the royalty fixed by the royalty collecting body.
- To perform, or cause to be performed such other functions as prescribed for the accomplishment of the objective of this Act.
- To proceed needed steps for creating public awareness on safeguarding copyright.
- To fulfill all duties of different copyright related international treaties in which Nepal stands positive.